Saturday, November 1, 2008

God Heard My Cries

This past week has been by far the hardest that Nadeem and I have endured since arriving here. I had the stomach bug, and Nadeem injured his back in the middle of the night. I have not left the house in 8 days because Hasan's mom needs company while she recovers,I'm taking care of Kalina, and I've been sick. We learned that the fingerprints weren't actually sent, and Kalina's package didn't get delivered on time yet again. All of the pressures of being here and away from home have mounted. We're getting closer to the time when Nadeem's paid leave from work ends. Even at home, one of our cars needs a new battery. It seems that every day brings more and more challenges. The days are creeping by. Still we do not know when we can come home.
This morning I woke up feeling really down. Nadeem left to go to the post office to find out where the package is, or at least try to. The post office was closed on Friday for the weekend/holy day. Yesterday we wanted to call or go, but nobody knew the phone number, and I guess there are no phone books here. The car was in the shop for repairs, so we had no way to get there. Every day we were closer and closer to running out of Kalina's supplies yet again.
While Nadeem was gone to the post office this morning and Kalina was napping, I started sobbing. I felt that I couldn't go on. I know the helpful things to do are to praise God, pray, and read the Bible for encouragement. However, I could do nothing but just sit and cry and say, "God, I need Your help!" Then Kalina woke up and started crying for her next bottle. I lay down on the bed next to her and sobbed some more because earlier she had finished her last bottle of good formula, and now I would have to fix the weaker formula yet again. She's just now sleeping through the night and has just moved to 6 oz. bottles. I cried out to God some more, "Why? Why? My baby doesn't even have her formula. Where are You? I need You! Please give me a sign that You haven't forgotten us here!" Just then Nadeem opened the door with the package full of supplies! Kalina drank her 6 oz of good formula and now is dozing on the bed with her thankful Daddy while her grateful Mommy types this message.
"My God, My God, why have You forsaken me? Why are You so far from helping me and from the words of my groaning? Oh My God, I cry in the daytime but You do not hear.....nor has God hidden His face from Him, but when he cried to Him, He heard."
-Psalm 22:1,2,24

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog touches my heart, moves me to tears and builds my faith.We all continue to stand with you and believe our God will move this mountain and get you all safely home.
Hang on to God as it gets darkest just before dawn and Joy comes in the morning!!
"I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I will do, and I will not forsake them."--Isaiah 42:16
love you
Mom g/mother