Friday, November 7, 2008

11 Alive News Coverage

Our whole journey has felt surreal. We never imagined any of the events that have happened. Now another amazing event has occured. My mom has contacted 11 Alive TV, and they're going to do a news story on us. First they'll interview my mom. When we return they'll interview us. They feel it's a great human interest story that will spotlight Saxby Chambliss, one of the senators who has been helping us, as he prepares for the run-off election in a few weeks. Also, they told my mom that this could get us home faster. Wow! Nadeem and I are praying that this news story is told accurately and positively and that it glorifies God. We are thankful to both senators, Isakson and Chambliss, and their assistants who have been such a Godsend. Of course we are so appreciative of my mom who is not only taking care of our home and cats and mailing numerous packages to us here but who is determined to find the person(s) who will listen to our story and help to bring us home. Thank you to all of you who have posted or email to share your words of encouragement and to let us know that you are praying faithfully for us. We're one day closer to seeing the victory! We pray that we get approval tomorrow so that we can hopefully return home next week.

6 comments:

Tena said...

The story was great on 11 alive. I hope that it will wake up some people that need to do what needs to be done for you to come home. Also, I am sure that the follow up story will touch alot of lives as they here your journey and your faith and doubts. We all have weakness and loose hope at times. We love you and are thinking and praying for you daily.

Kelly said...

http://www.11alive.com/video/default.aspx?mid=921992724
It is slow to load but it is there!

Nadeem and Sherri, you two are the coolest two people I know. The Davids and Mom want yall to know that they are thinking of you and praying for you. We are all amazed with your strength and faith. Please don't feel alone, we are sending all our love your way.
Oh, the party we are going to have when yall get home!!

Kristen said...

Sherri, Nadeem and Kalina
I just found your site by looking at an old e-mail. I had no idea you were still there! Kalina is beautiful, and such a gift. We are praying for you to come home soon. Sherri, you will always be my friend, and I love you! Hang in there. Wish I could hug you all, and be there to help. I had the queen of cranky clicky babies, so I have some expertise there!!
I will know keep track of you!

Love you,

Kristen Kidd

Kristen said...

p.s....ignore the typos!! I got a bit excited

Anonymous said...

That is sooooooo cool. It should really put the spotlight on your situation now!

John Lockwood said...

Your story was on FOX5 news today. I pray God is using you in your unexpected missionary role and that you will soon be home to Gwinnett County with your beautiful baby girl!