Thursday, November 13, 2008

No Fear of Bad News

We just received today what in the natural appears to be very bad news. My mom talked to Senator Isakson's staff who explained that the Texas Processing Center has decided after two weeks with our fingerprints that they do not know how to process them. They are now talking to Washington, DC to see who does know how to do this. At that point they will then FedEx our prints yet again. Let me be honest. I sobbed. Poor Nadeem. He was my rock and my tissue distributor. We have a choice every day-trust God or sink into defeat.
"He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure. He will have no fear." -Psalm 112:7, 8a
This news is no surprise to God. He already knew this was coming. What has He recently given us as signs of hope? First, our package arrived early yesterday. We have plenty of supplies now. Next, the senators and news reporter from Fox 5 are continuing to help us. Someone in Washington surely has the ability to process these prints. God gave my mom a dream a few nights ago in which He appeared to her and said that the right person wasn't here yet but that He was raising up the right person to help us. Maybe in Washington? We have an enormous amount of people lifting us up in prayer daily. The Fox 5 reporter would like to try to interview Nadeem and me while we're still in Bangladesh for the news which means that more could hear our story. Most importantly, if we never had any of these signs of hope, we have the Word of God that does not fail. Here is a compilation of various Psalms.
"Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His Word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me? God is for me. My heart is steadfast; O God, my heart is steadfast. For You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. I will praise You O Lord with my whole heart. I will tell of all of Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You. I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High. You are my help and my deliverer. You are my hope, O Lord God. You shall surround me with songs of deliverance."

7 comments:

Unknown said...

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

We are all praying for you;emailing and calling our wonderful Ga.senators and believing our God is moving this mountain and we will see the victory soon.
Hold on to each other and to your great faith as the end is in sight.
love and hugs
Mom g/mother

Donna Wright said...

I'm praying for God to send you an advocate to stand for you where you cannot stand. I know He will do that.

Glad to reconnect with you--even under these circumstances. God is good! What a beautiful little girl.

Anonymous said...

Cindy and I are so sorry and can’t believe this is taking so long. But we know that you will be home soon. Until then your trust in the Lord is such an encouragement to literally the world through your BLOG; and that 1000’s will have the opportunity to see God. We are also thankful for all of those in Dhaka that are praying for you as well. Take care and be Gods…Cindy and Ed - 1 Thes 5:17

Kellie said...

I am praying for God to send just the right person to help in this situation. It is so wonderful what He can do and will do. I know it is a matter of time that seems an eternity to you and Nadeem. Through your pain, please know how much God is using you and your story to touch many lives. Love to you both.

Darcie Johnson said...

WE are praying for your safe return. We also pray for patience for your host family as they provide a safe place for your family. I know that God is with you because I see him in you and Nadeem. Be Patient for there is purpose in this journey. Remain strong and continue to grow in this opportunity to bond deeply with your daughter. Hugs and Kisses and Giggles for Kalina.

Mandy said...

All things are possible in the Lord. Your walk has been a living testimony...we are crying with you and praying with you too. We all want the Kaiser family home! Remain focused on the Deliver!

Sherry C said...

Hi Sherri,Nadeen & Kalina,
Sorry I haven't written. The last time I checked you were were coming home and I was going out to MN for Jessica's wedding. I figured I'd give you time to rest and adjust then get in touch and come see y'all. The pic of you and Kalina is great. You both look healthy and happy! My love and prayers for your speedy return home. Can't wait to see you back in the USA. Love ya girlfriend! Sherry C