Friday, October 10, 2008

A Different Perspective

Nearly every day we wonder why we are still here and why God hsan't delivered us yet. I'm sure there are many ersaons, and maybe over time we'll understand more. Recently Nadeem and I have seen a new reason for our delay. Dhaka is the capitol of Bangladesh. Picture New York City or downtown Atlanta, only worse. There is heavy traffic, air pollution, trash, heat, noise, and chaos right outside our apartment building. Kalina has not touched grass or seen flowers growing. Yesterday afternoon Nadeem and I decided to take her on a short walk. We only lasted about 15 minutes. I felt the experience was too much for her-and me! We were weaving in and out of rickshaws, people smoking, cars, potholes, and so on. Kalina loves people and new places, but this was intense for her. for hte longest time, Nadeem and I thought about coming home. We just couldn't wait! How wonderful it will be for Kalina and us! What we didn't thinkn about was the actual journey involved to get home-20 hours of flying around the globe. That's a hard trip for us as adults. What about for a baby? When we got her, she was only 2 1/2 months old and very tiny. In the 3 1/2 weeks we've had her, she has put on weight, gained strength, and improved her health. God looks at the big picture. I think that part of the big picture involves what's best for Kalina. Altough we're so ready to be home, for Kalina she is home now. Home is where her parents are. She doesn't realize there is a permanent physical home waiting for her in the US. She doesn't realize that she has a grandmother waiting to adore her and so many family and friends eager to greet her. God knows what's best for all involved and is working this all together for the good. May we continue to trust Him and praise Him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had gotten behind in viewing your blog and thought maybe you were home and I missed something. Things have been a bit crazy but I am seeing God bringing me to a place of peace. I am glad you and Nadeem are seeing God's perspective. Is there still a problem with getting Kalina back in the U.S.? Pam Higgins asked me at church if you were back. Know that there are many of us thinking and praying for your family to get back safely. Eileen