Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Appointed Time

"Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you." -Genesis 18:14
Since receiving the huge sign of hope last week, I've become much more restless and ready to come home. I didn't allow myself to think of home much prior to this, but now I'm having dreams of home, and during the day thoughts of home sometimes enter my mind. We've now been gone from home for a month, and we still don't know when we'll return. I was disappointed to learn that the US Embassy was closed for many days for the Eid holiday. Now we've learned that the man at the USCIS who will send the letter approving our fingerprints will be out of town until Monday. Monday there is Monday night here. I have to remind myself that our return home is under God's perfect timing. Getting us home is not too hard for Him. At the appointed time He will return to us and bring us home. In the Bible, God's people waited-waited to be delivered from Pharaoh, waited for the Messiah, waited to be released from prison, waited for God to open their wombs and bless them with children, waited to get to the Promised Land, and so on and so on. Clearly waiting is important to God. He could certainly take action immediately in any situation.
"Wait on the Lord; be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord." -Psalm 27:14
Thanks for continuing to pray for us! Just like when you're a child waiting "forever" for Christmas to come or school to end, the wait will be worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherri and Nadeem,
Will, Michael and I just looked at your sweet photo, producing a collective "Ohhhhh!!!" Your messages are touching our hearts, and we are praying for your safe return every day. What a beautiful family you are!

with love,
Patricia