Thursday, September 11, 2008

Victory at Court!!

The judge signed our papers today! The weekend here is Fri/Sat, so we'll hopefully get Kalina on Sunday after papers are filed. We want to thank all of you for posting comments, emailing, and PRAYING!!!! You are sustaining us. Today was really tough. We found out that in order to adopt here you can't just be a citizen. You must belong. Nadeem and I don't speak the language, I don't look like I belong, and we don't live here in this culture. The magistrate gave Nadeem a crash course in the language so he'd be ready for court. For me, I couldn't show white skin, so I was dressed head to toe in a black outfit with no skin showing at all. It's at least 90 degrees here with no AC in the courthouse, just fans.The magistrate laughed at me and said I looked like a ghost. He kept making fun of us behind our backs. He only spoke Bangla, so we didn't even know what he was saying or the judge was saying. We had to sign papers for the adoption without reading them. Early this morning God gave me some verses. Isaiah 41:12 "Those who contend with you, those who war with you shall be as nothing as a nonexistent thing. For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand saying to you "Fear not, I will help you." In addition to dressing like this, I could not speak or even know what was happening. I could not see out of the black veil clearly. It felt like waking up at night and seeing dim shadows in your room. Hasan's mom had to lead me or else I would fall. I couldn't touch Nadeem, talk to him, or sit next to him in order to show submission as a devout wife. I will tell you without a doubt that GOD sustained me. There is no way I could have done this. I've never been so hot or fearful. If I moved or spoke at all or if Nadeem messed up the language, the judge would have thrown the case out of court. We had no doubt that God would help us, but the battle was fierce. We know that God has a plan for Kalina, and Satan wants to stop it. I'll try to post a picture of me in the outfit. Plesae know that when you pray for us, we feel it. God is taking care of us. This has always been His plan. Our next prayer need is for US approval to bring Kalina home. God is mightier than anything happening here. We know that we'll see His hand at work.

7 comments:

Kim Overcash said...

Praise God for your obedience, His scriptures and sustaining words to you and for your faithfulness. As with all God's children He has a mighty plan for them and Satan wants to end it. Cling tightly to fighting for her. And our God will give you the desires of your heart. Sherri stand strong!
Love,
Aunt Kim, Uncle Jon and cousin Joshua

Unknown said...

What a journey of faith and love you are on to get your daughter home. I think I know a little of how hard it must have been for you and Nadeem to do what had to be done in court.It was hard to read about the trial but wonderful to see the results.
Thanks be to our God that He is with you all.
Also a special thanks to Hasan and his family for all their love and support. They are some of God's angels. His Holy Spirit is with you. He will give you favor and protection and strength to get all of you home safe and sound.I can hardly wait to see you all and to hold Kalina.
love you
Mom

Jill said...

I am so glad to hear that even though you faced many unforeseen difficulties in the court the papers were signed in the end. I am humbled by the faith, courage, and strength that you and Nadeem are showing on your journey for Kalina. Yes, God certainly has a special plan for her, and He has blessed her with amazing parents. We continue to pray for you all.
Love, Jill

Brenda said...

Nadeem and Sherri,

We are so happy for you!!!
Kalina is absolutely beautiful. We are praying for you everyday. Stay strong and know that God is with you.
Love,
Brenda, Tim, and Kristen

Kim Overcash said...

In addition to my earlier post I was lead to this scripture today........"He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you'" -Hebrews 13:5

Baxter said...

Whatever causes you the greatest struggle will also be your greatest victory and success.
-JLM-

Emma said...

Ms.Kaiser! That is wonderful cant wait to meet her soon!