Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Growing in Faith

Nadeem's thoughts: Okay, I know I am 40, but I am about to quote the Pussy Cat Dolls, "Be careful for what you wish for because you might just get". Yes, this all started out with a simple prayer, "Lord, I just want to grow closer to you, grow in Faith, and desire you above all else". That's when my happy little earthly life changed. James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. I don't know about pure joy, maybe hell. I was always too prideful to even think about adoption. I guess that is probably the biggest obstacle between man and God, pride. The first thing God told me to do is be the leader of my family. Sounds easy, but it is incredible hard to do and be selfish all at the same time. A selfish man cannot be a good leader. To be the leader of your family or at your job you have to humble yourself to the people you are trying to lead. We men tend to put ourselves first and we can't do that if we are to love our wives like Jesus loves the church. A very tough battle! The second thing God told me to do is adopt a child from Bangladesh; the ultimate battle of humility. Men take a lot of credit for their children, even though the credit belongs to God. I guess in this case all the glory goes to the Father. What's the third thing? I don't know but neither did Abraham.

No comments: