Sunday, September 14, 2008

God's Timing

Nadeem has something to say: Okay, You have to realize Bangladesh is hostile territory for someone who was raised in Atlanta, Georgia. I am referring to Sherri, though I am not far off:-) Even Hasan (my adopted brother - Bhiaya for short) has been worried sick about Sherri. Add to the scariness of a third world country with an adoption dealing with Bangladesh Court, an unfriendly US Embassy, an orphan baby with no official home yet, and of course the battle within to run away and hide does not make this a vacation. Yes, there is also a lot of good. The love poured out by Hasan's family can only come from God. They have a very nice place and you would not even realize the chaos outside until you step outside. The pollution in this country is horrific along with the traffic and the crowds. Some very good home cooking though - always have to look at the good.

There is a lot of uncertainty about this adoption and honestly we don't have a clue what is going to happen next. We thought we would be picking up Kalina tomorrow, but we are still waiting on the paper work to come through. This part I am not too worried about; it is more with the US Embassy. We are supposed to leave on the 28th with Kalina, but nothing has been confirmed or even started. Of course, all this starts building up a lot of fear and tension that something is going to go wrong.

I have not been able to sleep at night. Usually, I get out of bed, go into the bathroom, sit on the nice tile floor and start with my quiet time until the sun comes up. Last night God gave me a message from John 7:6 "Then Jesus said to them, 'My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready.'" Of course, I knew what this meant for me right away. We have been on a mission to get Kalina adopted and then obtain a visa to come to the States on our time and not God's time. Just then at 4am in the morning sitting on the bathroom floor I noticed the drip, drip of the toilet bowl - funny I didn't notice this the last several nights on the floor. After 30 minutes of this drip, drip I started going crazy. Surely, God does not want me so distracted while I try to be with Him? "God in Heaven, I don't know if I have enough faith to move a mountain, but I think I have enough where you could stop this drip for me so I can focus on you." Okay, so, nothing happened; in fact, I think it started getting worse. I tried to look at the toilet bowl, but heck, what do I know about plumbing? So, I laid my hands on the toilet and prayed over it. Nothing!!! "Okay God, I still love you and believe in you even though you did not help me with this little drip problem." I start reading in John again and five minutes later the drip, drip stopped. God's timing! Of course, every five minutes later I am looking for the drip to come back. Thirty minutes later still no drip. One hour later I can start to hear a drip coming back. Matthew 14:30-31 I guess I am worse than Peter. At least he got scared when the wind got stirred up. I am waiting on the wind looking to drown. "Lord, save me!" God only gives you the plan one day at a time. You just have to be patient. You might find yourself in the darkness, but the light of Christ is just around the corner, all you have to do is hold on.

1 comment:

Kim Overcash said...

We believe God is working all of this out for HIS glory. We also believe that He will give you Kalina and open all the doors needed in order to complete the adoption process. Standing together with you guys in prayer and love. May God bless you all this morning!

~Kim